PDA

View Full Version : Malicious script error for IS 11 - vbscript CA

aj_patra
03-08-2006, 05:20 AM
Hi,
I am using Installshield 11 with the vbscript custom action. Purpose of the vb script is to check for the file existance and do the remove\ copy operation. I tried to install / uninstall this on the system with "Symantec Antivirus version 10.0.1.1000". I did not find any malicious script error.

Is this behaviour correct in IS 11?

Ajit

RobertDickau
03-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Avoiding this type of error is one motivation for using built-in functionality instead of custom actions, especially script custom actions: nowadays, script custom actions that access the file system or registry tend to be flagged by antivirus programs.

Can you use built-in Windows Installer system-search and file-copy functionality instead?

aj_patra
03-08-2006, 02:03 PM
I have used the Windows installer build in FindFile and CopyFile functions. It is working fine for the 32-bit image. But when I am building the same ism with few changes to support 64-bit, this script is not working in 64-bit machine. Later on I found that Installscript is only support 32 bit.

From the IS11 help, I got the information abt vbscript for 64 bit support. I have tested this both in 32-bit (32-bit image with 64 bit scripting = No) with NAV 2005 and 64-bit (64-bit image with 64 bit scripting = Yes) machines. It is working fine. Earlier in the past, we had faced the "malicious script" problem. then we had removed the vbscript.
So I am puzzled now whether to use the vbscript or not?