PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall condition

Ken Alverson
03-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I thought I had found the property to check, but my script is still not getting executed on the remove button in add/remove programs. The condition REMOVE="ALL" does not run the script. When I run the install without the condition, the script does get executed and works ok. I have my custom action located right after the InstallValidate in the Installation execute sequence. Also, is there a way to debug scripts duing the uninstall? Does anyone know the answer?

TsungH
03-04-2006, 01:19 AM
What are the complete settings of the custom action? In any case, I will recommend examining your uninstallation log for clues.

Ken Alverson
03-06-2006, 09:45 AM
What are the complete settings of the custom action? In any case, I will recommend examining your uninstallation log for clues.

I have attached a screen shot in the IDE of the custom action.

Return is Synchronous (ignore)
In-Script Execution is Immediate
Execute Scheduling is Always
Install Exec sequence is After InstallValidate
Install Exec Condition is currently not set

The action just uses standard delete file calls. I have tested the calls and know they work. The custom action just never gets called on a remove uninstall.

TsungH
03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
That's strange. What does the uninstallation log say? Also, for troubleshooting purpose, do not ignore CA return code, and check for return code of function(s) used.

rkrishnan
03-09-2006, 12:28 AM
hi Ken!
try to set Install Exec Condtion as REMOVE="ALL" AND Installed.

And dont know how to debug the uninstallation Scripts. I used to give message boxes in the CA to track whether CAs are properly called.

~RK