PDA

View Full Version : Two files with the same name in different features cause warnings

tstening
03-02-2006, 04:13 AM
Hello,

my installer has two features. In both features there is a file called zm.mdb, but only the filenames are identical. The files itself are slightly different.

During the build process, I get the following warnings:

ISDEV : warning -5061: The filename "\\Server\InstallShield 11 Projects\WinGeSi\PROJECT_ASSISTANT\CDROM_IMAGE\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\WinGeSi\Zm.mdb" already exists. Use the component, "AllOtherFiles20" Source Location property to prevent this warning.

ISDEV : warning -5061: The filename "\\Server\InstallShield 11 Projects\WinGeSi\PROJECT_ASSISTANT\CDROM_IMAGE\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\WinGeSi\Zm.mdb" already exists. Use the component, "AllOtherFiles19" Source Location property to prevent this warning.

I don't know, what this means, because I'm already using AllOtherFiles20 and AllOtherFiles19 for the two files.

Can anybody tell me, what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?

Regards, Tobias

SU-Nikolai
03-02-2006, 07:31 AM
You need to specify a diffrent location for one of the files. You can't have the same source-location for 2 files that has the same name.

In your Component-view, there is a 'source' attribut, where you can set the source-location.

tstening
03-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks for your hint. I will test this an tuesday. I hope it will work.

Regards, Tobias

Hamilton-Scott
03-05-2006, 02:30 AM
It does work. Use it myself. ;)