PDA

View Full Version : Basic MSI Project-URGENT

beginInstall
02-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Hello,
I have problem in extracting the value of text box in a dialog during runtime.Can anybody help me on this :(

soorajganga
02-23-2006, 03:50 AM
Have you assigned the text box to a property variable..?
You can retrieve the value of the assigned varible ( may be by using MsiGetProerty API ) to get the text box value.

RobertDickau
02-23-2006, 09:31 AM
For more information, perhaps see also the sample chapter from recent MSI training course manuals at www.installshield.com/ispress.

beginInstall
02-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Hi again,
Thanks for the reply.
Actually I dont want to enter the text into the edit field area. I want the edit filed area to contain text during runtime.
I have attached a bmp file along with this thread.I hope i will get a solution.
I want the text "feature1" to be displayed during runtime.

Thanks in Advance.

rkrishnan
02-28-2006, 05:50 AM
hi!
i think this looks like displaying the summary info.
Two solns For this:

1) For that edit field property , assign the value (which u are intended to display) may be using the CA (call it before the summary dialog gets called) .

2) May be store the value in the Global property- and get the value from global property then assign it to the Edit Control's Property ( using MsiSetProperty ) in the UI sequence before the Summary Dialog gets called.

beginInstall
03-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Hello Again,
The whole problem is that the value in the field is not known to me.It is some value taken fom some folder...For Ex:C:\Program files\ABC......
I want the names of the folders in ABC to be displayed on runtime.......

Thanks,
Ramya

soorajganga
03-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Is that your application target directory..?
If so you may get the value of it from the TARGETDIR variable. Otherwise try using FindAllDirs function.

beginInstall
03-10-2006, 04:53 AM
Thanks a lot.....I have fixed the problem