PDA

View Full Version : selectionTree and subfeatures

Ken Alverson
02-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Is there any way to turn off the "This feature, and all subfeatures, will be installed on local hard drive." Our feature does not have any subfeatures, this selection does not make any sense and does not do anything different than the first selection.

MotoJason
02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Under the Project Assistant tab, select "Installation Interview" and for the question "Do you want your users to be able to selectively install only certain parts of your application?" Select the NO radio button.

Ken Alverson
02-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi MotoJason, that would work if I did have multiple features listed in the custom setup panel. I have looked around and found I am not the only one that wishes that option could be turned off. I even found a post by IS support directing a person to an information web site where it indicates that this can not be done. You can not get rid of the subfeatures option even when you do not have any subfeatures. It is a Windows control. There are somethings you can do by setting the Attributes directly for that control, but this one you can not do.

MotoJason
02-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Thank you for the feedback Ken

RobertDickau
02-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Here's a fine article by Stefan Krueger about the different options in the popup menu for a feature: http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/isnews/200102/CustomSetupOptions.htm. You can modify the string displayed by editing the UIText table, but alas, you can't remove the subfeature option...