PDA

View Full Version : Substituting files

FormsPath
02-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Hi again,

I have again a problem. I know im very new but i got a lot of preasure here to make it work, and the way of working of version 11 is quite different from express 5.

Normally we have projects that are already done, but when we have to add new versions of a same file, i normally just substituted it under Files and Folders, and as the file had the same filename, it was overwritten. But with this new versión, i don't know why, the file is duplicated and the file name is added also to "Setup Design" and "Components" with the same file name but at the end of the extension with a number.

My question is... why is this just as a new file, when the file name is the same? Is there a way just to overwrite the old file, or do we have also to delete the whole list, both in Setup Design and in Files and Folders option?

Thanks very much!!!

VILEPARLE
02-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Have your File and Folder view in components and then select the component where you want to file to be replaced. Delete the file from right hand box and then insert your new file. That way it will not create another component.