PDA

View Full Version : "Launching an executable" gives error

nabhonil
02-15-2006, 08:43 AM
hi,

I have a simple MSI project and have a custom action which launches a notepad with a file. I have used the custom action wizard. In the Action type panel I have chosen the "Launch an executable" option and location as "Stored in directory table". In the Action parameters panel i have chosen the source as "SystemFolder" and Target as "notepad.exe D:\log.txt".

After building the release and executing it i am getting an error "Internal Error 2707. SystemFolder".

Am I doing anything wrong? Please let me know how to do this.

Note:-
Notepad.exe exists in C:\WInnt\System32.
D:\log.txt also exists in the system where i am running this release exe.
Directory Table has entry for SystemFolder as ".:System32".

Thanks
Nabhonil.

RobertDickau
02-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Where in the sequences is your action located? If it occurs before CostFinalize (when directory paths have not yet been resolved), you might try moving the action to after CostFinalize...

nabhonil
02-15-2006, 11:27 PM
You are right.

It should be placed after CostFinalize. I was following the instructions given in the help document which says right click on CostFinalize and insert the custom action. But when u do that it inserts before CostFinalize. So i Guess there need to be a change in the help document of installshield 11 with one more step to move down the custom action after CostFinalize.

Thanks.