PDA

View Full Version : Destination folder

Ken Alverson
02-13-2006, 09:49 AM
At first, I hide the Change button due to the potentional problems that can arrise here. Since the users might have to install to a different drive due to space limitations, I made the change button visible again and did some testing. I ran into a problem right away. The merge module, which is located under the first feature and hidden because it must alway be installed, does not get installed into the changed destination folder. Instead, it goes into the original default location. The other features pick up the new location just fine. The other features do not work however because they depend on a relative path to the first feature which is now not in the correct place. It looks like this is suppose to work according to the help documentation. So why does the merge module ignore the changed destination folder? Anyone else run into this?

davech66
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Check the direct editor table might help you. Look ISFeatureMergeModeuls and Directory table. I guess your changes somehow did not save in msi database.

Ken Alverson
02-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the reply. I had to make some changes to the install location of the Merge module. The help documentation does tell you how to do this, but there is some special stuff you need to do. The property [TARGETDIR] has to be set for the destination and you need to go into the redistribute properties to setup something as well in the other msi project that uses the merge module. Once I did that, the merge module installed correctly.