PDA

View Full Version : Debugging ISSQLServerValiddate Action

Qingsong
02-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi,

Do you have a better to debug the issue related to ISSQLServerValidate action?

I have a case which I really do not know how to solve:

On a client machine, which has SQL Server 2005 installed successfully, my installion package will create database and populate the database, so I added SQLLogin Dialogs and used ISSQLServerValidate action to verify the user login.

I can use oSQL.exe to login the database from the dos window without any problem.

I can use ADO connection from Visual studio IDE to create database and manage database without any problem.

However, I alwayse get failed with ISSQLServerValidate action with some error code which I can not find any reference.

I remembered ISSQLServerValidate is using ADO Open() function to connect the database.

I would really appreciate if InstallShield can provide an utility or a vb script, which use the same mechansim as ISSQLServerValidate, to debug this kind of problem.

Until now, I really have no idea on how/where to begin to solve this issue.

Any other better idea?

Best regards,

Qingsong

Qingsong
02-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Any comment for this question?

At least I would like to know the internal technology used for this ISSQLServerValidate so that I can debug the potential issues.

hidenori
02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately, we cannot provide our source code to any customers. Instead, we will add extra logging around the ISSQLServerValidate action. I filed the work order #IOC-000046354 to track this issue.

Do you have at least one connection and one script in the SQL Scripts view? The SQLLogin dialog is designed to work in conjuction with the view. Having the entry in the view will automatically add all of the SQL support data to your project necessary to get the dialog working.

Best Regards.

Qingsong
03-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi, Hidenori,

Thanks for your message.

I do not want your source code, but an utility, for example, ISSQLServerTest.exe, which is using the same source code as ISSQLServerValidate action.

If "ISSQLServerTest.exe /U UserName /P Password /S InstanceName" works, then ISSQLServerValidate action should work as well.

If above command does not work, then detailed information should be displayed as: Missing ado.dll, or wrong version, or something, ...

It is really annoying if I can use all other ado connections, but ISSQLServerValidate action fails.

For your 2nd question, yes. I have a valide connection and a very simple query sql script associated with it.

Remember my issue is that ISSQLServerValidate action does work for some machine, and does not work for other machines, where all other ado connections are just work fine.

Please keep me updated for your work order #IOC-000046354 .

Regards,

Qingsong

JSreekanth
06-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Hi,

On One Of Our Machine We Found That The Issqlservervalidate Is Not Validating The Sql Server Provided. We Have A Sql Server With A Name "xxxxx" And On Providing The Same Name And Correct Login Credentials It Is Interrupting The Installation Setup. On Further Observation I Found That The ISSQLSERVERVALIDATE IS NOT SETTING Is_sqlserver_status To 0. What Might Be The Reason For This. And Can You Please Let Me Know The Status Of The Work Order Ioc-000046354 That Was Created For This Issue.

Regards,
Sree

JSreekanth
09-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Hi,

Can someone help me by explaining me how to track the work order created?

The work order number that I want to track is IOC-000046354.

Regards,
Sreekanth