PDA

View Full Version : No removal of folders during PDA uninstall

halkjaer
02-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I am building a setup that basically installs a pda application using the Basic MSI project type.
All the "work" is done in the Mobile Devices part (the rest is just kept to a minimum).
In the Mobile Devices Destination folder dialogbox, I have added a destination folder and a couple of sub folders, which different parts of the program is installed in.
The problem is, that the files in the folders are removed by uninstallation, but the folders are still there. Anyone who knows why this is, and what can be done to remove them?
The application is installed on a Windows Mobile 5.0 PDA.

halkjaer
02-10-2006, 07:18 AM
I may have found a solution (not very scientific - it seems to work now, but I have not tried to go back to the old method and see if it fails again).
The first time (when it failed) I created all the subfolders in the Destination folder dialog box and then, as I added files, selected the relevant folder.

I then tried creating only the main Destination folder in the dialogbox, and create the subfolders as I added the files that go in the folder. It is the same dialog box that is used (Destination folder) but it seems to make a difference...

As I mentioned at the beginning, I have not tried to revert to the first method, to check whether it was something else that did it.

davidh
02-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Hmmm...possibly the destination directories are created differently by your second method. It's good to see you have a workaround. It could be related to the [DestinationDirs] value that is built in the inf file.