PDA

View Full Version : no desktop installation in a mobile project

kschmid
01-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi all,
I have following question: I have created an "Basic MSI Project" with an "Windows device installation". Everything works fine except one thing:
My setup.exe also created an installation entry on the desktop PC. (Settings\Software\Add-/Remove Program\)
if I deinstall my software on the PDA, the desktop entry still remains. The next time I try to install my software I get the message, that my software is already installed.

Therefore it would be necessary to avoid the entry on the desktop pc.

Thanks for help
Karin

davidh
01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
The desktop entry is necessary if you want to use the ActiveSync Add/Remove programs to automatically install the application.

A couple of suggestions:
-The 'Desktop Settings' panel of the mobile wizard has an option to 'Delete device media during desktop setup uninstall'. Make sure that is checked. It is checked by default. If users uninstall via the ActiveSynce Add/Remove programs (not to be confused with the Windows Add/Remove in the Control panel), it should also launch your Basic MSI uninstall.
-Or, instead of using a Basic MSI, use the 'Smart Device Setup Wizard' project type in the new project dialog. You'll see more info on that in the InstallShield help. However, that requires users to manually copy files over to the target mobile device.