PDA

View Full Version : running exe at end of install

kharr1027
01-12-2006, 11:16 PM
I am new to using and creating installers. I have a small desktop app i wrote using C#.NET. I need to make an installer for the product now. One thing I have to do is check for a large list of products that might be installed on the users system. if one of these items is installed then the installer will proceed otherwise it will exit letting the user know that they must have a certain driver installed. I think i have figured out how i can do this by creating a installer class in C# and having it run before install. the part i have not figured out how to do is at the end of my installer if the user selected to do so to run the installer for pdf reader (version depending on users OS) and install flash player 8.0. I am assuming to do this i will need to use a custom action, but i don't understand how to make them. I have been trying everything. what language do you write them? also how can i get the install directory in the custom action? I need the quickest and simplest solution that is possible. I am familiar with C#.NET & VB.NET. I used vb6.0 several years ago and it has been about 6 years since i used c++6.0. any help will be great. Thanks

kurtbilde
01-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi kharr1027,

Just create an .exe and include it in your list of files. Then follow the custom action steps and select included in setup.

-Kurt