PDA

View Full Version : 1315 Error during uninstall

DBCUSER
12-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Did anyone get this error?

I have one client, he installed the product in their E drive (3 partitions , C, D and E). He has full rights to all 3 drives. When did an uninstall, it came back with unable to write to one of the product folder.

I checked microsoft website there is no work around or anything. I don't have any custom action or anything in the uninstall portion at all.

If we rename the folder to a different name and try uninstalling it is working successfully.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

MartinMarkevics
12-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Try logging the uninstallation. There may be more information about exactly what is causing the error. I suppose a possibility is that a virus scanner or something similar is causing the issue. It's hard to say though simply from the information at hand.

DBCUSER
12-16-2005, 03:19 PM
How can you run uninstall in command line and log them, I know I can run install and capture the log at that time, I had setup.exe but this issue is happening in a client machine.
One thing I noticed, it didn't happen in either C or D drive it happens only in E drive.
Thanks.

MartinMarkevics
12-16-2005, 03:28 PM
After you have installed the product, you can launch something like the following command:

msiexec /x {ProductCode} /l*v C:\log.txt

where {ProductCode} is the ProductCode from your setup. It runs from the cached MSI, so no need to specify a path to setup.exe or anything else, just pass in the product code.