PDA

View Full Version : Create PFW file

DBCUSER
12-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know how to create PFW file for signing setup.exe? In our place one group does the signing and they will not provide me with all the files and password required sign.

I was told to create .pfw and then send the .pfw and .exe they will sign it. Does anyone know how to create the PFW file?

DBCUSER
12-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Found the answer, there is software called Packageforweb which generates this file.

MartinMarkevics
12-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Just one note... PFTW willl create a single compressed, self-extracting EXE. From your other posts, it seems that you are already building a single compressed image (setup.exe). If that's the case, you do not need PFTW. Just send out your setup.exe to be signed.

DBCUSER
12-16-2005, 03:02 PM
The group which signs the setup.exe uses IS 10 Professional and they are asking me to create a PFW file and I ended up creating one manually.

How can they sign my setup.exe using IS 10?

I saw something about signcode, is it the one they have to use to sign a exe file?

Thanks.

MartinMarkevics
12-16-2005, 03:09 PM
We use signcode.exe internally. So, given that you have already built setup.exe, they would simply need to call signcode.exe (independent of the InsallShied IDE) specifying the correct credentials. I don't know the command line parameters we use without looking at the code, but if they are manually doing things, they can just run through the wizard shown when you lauch the signcode.exe. If you want the command line options we use, let me know and I'll have a look at the code.