PDA

View Full Version : Error 6645 Error: 0

JimHope
12-01-2005, 03:26 PM
I am just now getting this error and some of the files have nothing to do with my install. Vale Software is an SQL Documenter program I installed yesterday. I uninstalled it this morning and I am still getting this error.

ISEXP : error -6645: C:\Program Files\Vale Software\SQL Documentor\Binn\sqldmo.dll failed to load.
Error: 0
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\Program Files\Vale Software\SQL Documentor\Binn\sqldmo.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpr.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\oleaut32.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
Adding file 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.dll' that is a dependency of component 'UserSQLServer.exe'
Adding file 'stdole.dll' that is a dependency of component 'UserSQLServer.exe'
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscomctl.ocx failed to load.
Error Description:
Adding merge module 'MSDE 2000 Distributed Management Objects (DMO)' that is a dependency of component 'Interop.SQLDMO.dll'
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\scrrun.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
Adding file 'FTP.dll' that is a dependency of component 'Start_ePC.exe'
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\dtspkg.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\dtspkg.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
Error Description:
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
Error Description:

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

tenbroek
12-19-2005, 03:50 AM
I'm having the same problem, it used to work and it suddenly started producing the same results; I'm wondering if it has any thing to do with the fact that I receintly installed Visual studio 2005 C# express edition so that I could evaluate the product before upgrading to the Proffessional edition. :confused:

bostonmace
12-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Same problem here as well. I installed Visual Studio 2005 and this started happening. Does anyone know what the deal is?

AngelaTseng
01-06-2006, 09:34 AM
When running the stand-alone builder on 2 different computers, the one with only Visual Studio .NET 2003 runs fine without errors, but the one with Visual Studio .NET 2005 installed as well will give the following error (4 times):

ISDEV : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll failed to load.
Error Description:

I am running IS Pro 11.5.
Help us please!

rlangham
01-11-2006, 03:37 PM
It definetly appears to be related to installing VS.NET 2005. I installed VS.NET 2005 this morning and now my InstallShield Express 11 installs of my .NET 1.1 VS.NET 2003 applications no longer work, I am getting the same error.

Macrovision!!! Please help us

Hagits
01-12-2006, 05:32 AM
Hi,
Happened to me too. :(
InstallShield wored OK, I installed VS 2005, and it stopped working.
I can't build my product.

Get the same errors:

ISDEV : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll failed to load.
Error Description:

This error appears for a long list of system dll's.
Any solution?

It definetly appears to be related to installing VS.NET 2005. I installed VS.NET 2005 this morning and now my InstallShield Express 11 installs of my .NET 1.1 VS.NET 2003 applications no longer work, I am getting the same error.

Numeric
01-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Hello,

I am getting the same error messages while trying to build installer for my .NET Framework 1.1 application after installing the .NET Framework 2.0 redistributable only. (i.e. Not VS 2005 or even 2.0 SDK, just the redistributable) I am using Intallshield Express 11.

Thank you for your help,

francoist
01-13-2006, 12:14 PM
I have the same problem but I only have the .Net 2.0 run-time install (redistruable) NOT Visual Studio 2005

Does anyone know if removing the .NET 2.0 run-time will correct the problem ?

Ric Havens
01-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Uninstalling VS 2005 cleared up the problem for me.

With VS 2005 installed I only get these errors for my 2003 .NET 1.1 projects and not for my MFC projects.

The 2003 .NET 1.1 projects actually seem to build and install ok, but I am not sure if I should release them or not.

bryanwolf
01-17-2006, 03:00 AM
Just wanted to post this so you guys could get some kind of solution.

The -6645 build error can be intermittently resolved by marking anything that is .net from dependancies and properties to properties only. This will keep our depedency scanner from getting bad data and tossing the error message.

You can do this by right-clicking on a file in your project, going to properties, going to the .NET tab and changing the .net scan at build option to "Properties only".

This should fix that error for you when you rebuild your project.

francoist
01-17-2006, 02:55 PM
I try setting the option to tools->option->.NET "property only" in IDE but I am still the getting the same error when using the installshield 11.5 Standalone builder.

Maybe there a special option for the standalone builder ?

bryanwolf
01-17-2006, 05:31 PM
You would actually need to specifiy this for each file in your project.

As far as I know, Express does not support Standalone Builder; however, I assume you mean that you're using a Pro/Premier product and having the same issue. In this case, please review each component that contains a file that is marked for .NET scan at build and change that to properties only.

The Tools -> Options method does not alter this project, but only future projects.

rlangham
01-17-2006, 06:26 PM
I am also having the problem with an ActiveX control that I have in my .NET project. I am getting the same error and I tried changing to different types of registration and it didn't seem to make any difference here. I was thinking that self-registration would probably work, but it didn't.

Any ideas on how to get around on this?

Bryan, are you with MacroVision? If so, are you able to repeat this and do you see a fix coming soon?

Ron

bryanwolf
01-19-2006, 03:30 PM
This issue normally only involves the .net scan at build property. If you are seeing different behavior, it might be best to call support directly and submit a support incident.

Self-Registration and/or COM Extraction should not be relevant in these situations normally.

rlangham
01-20-2006, 01:08 PM
I did send in an email report incident more almost two weeks ago, but haven't heard anything. I do not have maintenance agreement, so it looks like I have to pay for a support call, which clearly appears to be a bug in InstallShield.

It appears that this problem is easy to repeat and many people are having it, is this being researched now by MacroVision?

bryanwolf
01-23-2006, 05:54 PM
It is being researched. The specific issue we're aware of is resolved by setting Properties Only in the .NET Scan at Build setting under the advanced tab.

From what I can see here, it appears you are seeing something different. Because this is the case, I'm not sure if this is the exact same thing or not.

ExpressUser
01-26-2006, 03:38 PM
I still received this message after setting "Properties Only":
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
The same message appears for gdi32.dll and kernel32.dll.

I did not see this when I use Express 5 for VS2003. I now use VS2005 and Express 11.

I think Macrovision should at least explain what the cause is and when/how this problem can be fixed. Otherwise, we will be forced to select a different installation option due to my delivery schedule coming up soon.

jessebagans
01-30-2006, 12:11 PM
I am having the same "failed to load" issue... but I receive the errors when the Crystal Reports 11 embedded reporting merge module is along with three other errors relating to SQLDMO (which I have checked as adding as a merge module already.

Loading File table
Building File table
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\SQLDMO.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\SQLDMO.dll failed to load.
Error Description:
Error Description:
Adding merge module 'CR11_NET_EmbeddedReporting' that is a dependency of component 'SmartLights.exe'
Error Description:

jessebagans
01-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Just to isolate my issue further, I removed the reference to the Interop.SQLDMO.dll file that was created when I added the reference to SQLDMO to my .NET project. When I rebuilt the application then built the installation again, I got warnings that the Interop.SQLDMO file was not found (obviously). What I am inferring from this is that when the Interop.SQLDMO.dll file is being added to the installation package, InstallShield is recognizing a dependency, then looking for it, but even though SQLDMO.dll exists in the location that it is searching, InstallShield can not add it. I verified the path of SQLDMO.dll, as well as the properties of the file, all is in order. Why would this be occuring. I tried the solution you mentioned in earlier posts, but that does not resolve my problem.

bryanwolf
01-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Please ensure you're not setting Properties only from the Tools -> Options dialog. You can do this for future projects, but for current projects, you'll need to actually go to each file, right-click and go to Properties. In the .NET tab, set .NET Scan at build to Properties only.

From those readouts, the project is still searching for dependencies. If you search at any time, unfortunately, you'll see this error.

Again, this is occuring because we're scanning for dependencies and having some issue in there. I'm not sure of what specifically is giving you the error within the dependency scanner, but I thought I'd help you out and let you guys move on with your projects.

jessebagans
02-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Thank you for that response. What I was overlooking was that I have 4 .NET .dlls that my company has developed, all of which reference a data layer component that references SQLDMO.dll. So, basically I was getting the error 4 times b/c each file was scanning for dependencies, one of which was SQLDMO (indirectly). The build was successfully after I set "Properties Only". Now I just hope the install works ;) Thanks again.