PDA

View Full Version : SpawnWaitDialog

burked
12-01-2005, 07:26 AM
I'm trying to use the SpawnWaitDialog as a busy dialog during a long operation... I cannot get the dialog to display in a modeless way, however. If I set it to KeepModeless, I never see the dialog. If I set it to Modal, my operation that i'm trying to run never occurs until I close the dialog.

Has anyone used this to show progress during long operations??

thanks,

Daren

IEZDarkeye
12-29-2005, 04:15 AM
Why don´t you use SdShowMsg?

Regards
Stephan

burked
12-29-2005, 06:55 AM
Kind of hard to use SdShowMsg without InstallScript...

IEZDarkeye
12-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Ohhh. ok, right :)
Sorry, didn´t notice that you use Windows Installer.

All my Setups are pure InstallScript, couz i had lots of problems using Windows Installer before Version 3.0 and now i don´t get back to Windows Installer as long as i don´t stumble across severe Problems with InstallScript.

craigduffy
01-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

Darkeye123
01-10-2006, 02:45 AM
I solved my problem the "rough" way... i changed all my Projects to InstallScript and i´m happy with it for the last 2years nearly...

Thus i didn´t try/test Windows Installer 3.1 yet but as long as my InstallScript Projects run properly without problems i will stay with it.

burked
01-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Yes,
I figured out you have to create your custom action so it runs asynchronously, and the install doesn't check the return code, but you can set the return as a property in your install using MsiSetProperty. Then you flag the completion of the custom action with another property in your install, and when the flag is set, your installation continues. Works like a charm once you figure it out :)

good luck.

daren