PDA

View Full Version : Edit button on dialog

Steve S
11-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi,

I have a couple of text boxes that need to be enabled or disabled via an edit button click. Basicaly a text box thats greyed out to start but can be "ungreyed" out and editable if the user clicks the edit button.

Ive had a good look round but can't see a way of doing this without having to call an InstallScript custom action??

Anyone any ideas?

TIA
Steve

RobertDickau
11-30-2005, 06:04 PM
In your dialog box behavior, you could add a set-a-property event to your edit button (Event [USERCLICKEDEDIT], Argument 1, Condition 1), and then add control conditions to the edit field to disable the field when Not USERCLICKEDEDIT succeeds and enable the field when USERCLICKEDEDIT succeeds...

titelee79
12-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Something else you could do as well would be to make the "Edit" button a checkbox. Then, in the dialog box behavior, you can select the text box and set the condition to property of the checkbox to enable when it = 1 and disable if <> 1.

ie.
1. Create a checkbox with property name: "EditFields"
2. Create an edit field
3. Go to the Dialog Behavior and select the edit field.
4. Click on the Conditions tab and add: Action - Disable, Condition - EditFields <> "1", and Action - Enable, Condition EditFields = "1"
5. Go to the Property Manager under Behavior and Logic and clear the value for "EditFields"

RobertDickau
12-01-2005, 11:29 PM
For an existing model of this approach, perhaps see the control conditions and so forth for the Next button on the LicenseAgreement dialog box.

Steve S
12-02-2005, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the replys, I have enough here I think to achieve what I need.

Cheers
Steve