PDA

View Full Version : What about Standalone Build?

Jonny_B
11-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Is there any substitute for the Standalone build? I can't compile my installations on my build machine anymore ... it says that they are created in a newer version?

Jonny_B
11-30-2005, 08:31 AM
In the documentation it says that there is a standalone build (ISSABld.exe), but I can't find it?

Hamilton-Scott
11-30-2005, 08:50 AM
In the documentation it says that there is a standalone build (ISSABld.exe), but I can't find it?

It's a separate installation on the CD. You'll find it there.

Jonny_B
11-30-2005, 08:51 AM
I just downloaded the real installation file (not the trial version), so I'll see if it has it ... otherwise I guess I'll wait until the CD gets here. Thanks

Jonny_B
11-30-2005, 09:39 AM
There is a copy of the standalone build on the Multiplatform version of installshield ... which, ironically is useless to me - so I will install it just for this function alone.

Esh123
12-06-2005, 01:43 AM
You can get the StandAlone Builder (issabld.exe) by doing an Update of your current InstallShield, through the IDE. Once you've downloaded the new standalone build application, you can copy the entire folder to your build machine. You can use the standalone app on several machines at once, under the same license.

From my experiences, I've found issabld.exe a little different to use than your regular IS environment. For example, I haven't found a way to include merge modules in a project, unless they are in the root folder of the Standalone Build application (i.e. they aren't found if they are in the "Program Files\Common Files" folder).

Jonny_B
12-06-2005, 08:03 AM
You can specify a path to search for merge modules using the -o command followed by any paths seperated by commas.