PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Custom Software Condition

ShieldWolf46
11-28-2005, 01:13 PM
I am attempting to create a custom software condition in InstallShield 11 Express Edition. In response to the How do you want to look for it? question I answered the following:

Registry Root: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Registry Key: SOFTWARE\PFPS\Versions\PFPS
Registry Value: 3.3.1

This query is looking for a particular version of software prior to installing my new software.

In response to the What do you want to do with the value? question I selected Found in response to the Your installation will be allowed to proceed if the search you created is question, and entered a text string to display if not found.

I completed the InstallShield and a setup.exe was created. When I attempted to test load the new installation the software I was looking for was not found and my message was displayed.

Using regedit I examined HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PFPS\Versions\PFPS and found that the registry value of 3.3.1 was indeed there.

Any suggestions on what might be going wrong, or what I could do to make this work?

Thanks

MichaelU
11-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Is the 3.3.1 the name of the value data, or is it the data associated with the string value named PFPS in the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\PFPS\Versions? If the latter, you'll want to move PFPS to the Value entry, and test its data separately.

ShieldWolf46
11-30-2005, 12:47 PM
The Name Value is PFPS, the Value Data is 3.3.1, and the Type is REG_SZ.