PDA

View Full Version : isnetapi and LoginInformation

MicWet
11-25-2005, 04:14 AM
Hi !
Where can i get information about all the custom actions "ISNet..." (e.g. ISNetValidateLogonName) which are used in the LoginInformation dialog (and following) ?
Thx, Michael

weisun
11-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Michael, have you found anything yet? I need the information too.

Thanks, Wei

HBindu
05-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Have you found any information on ISNETAPI.DLL. I am also looking for this. Thank you.

Tim Owers
05-05-2006, 03:44 AM
Can someone from InstallShield point us to published documentation?

DMorisseau
05-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Good luck on trying to get information from IS on these..Everytime I pointed out that the custom actions needed to be documented, the result tended to fall on deaf ears!

I can't tell you details on everything based on my experience, but here's what I've been able to put together:

ISNetValidateLogonName takes the DOMAIN\UserName combination and the password and verifies that the password is valid for this user. They aren't kidding when the format has to be with the domain/computer name all caps. The IS_NET_API_NET_VALID_USER property is set to 1 if the user/pwd combo is ok.

ISNetGetServers: Gets the list of computers. I am not sure if the list is limited to the logged-in user's domain.

ISNetGetGroups: Gets the list of user groups.

ISNetValidateNewUserInfo: If the user clicked the Create New User button, this verifies valid machine/group/user/password and sets the IS_NET_API_NET_VALID_USER property accordingly.

ISNetSetLogonName : Sets the IS_NET_API_LOGON_USERNAME and IS_NET_API_LOGON_PASSWORD properties

BigLolo
08-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi!
If you are in Basic MSI, try to create the Logon Dialogs from the New Dialog Wizard with "Let me Insert this dialog intoa sequence" selected.
Since the dialogs are created between 2 dialogs, go to the behaviour of theses dialogs to see the condition from Next and Back buttons... it can help you

Tim Owers
08-11-2006, 04:01 AM
BigLolo,

How does your post relate to this thread?

BigLolo
11-13-2006, 05:57 AM
BigLolo,

How does your post relate to this thread?

Now when I read what I wrote, I don't remember why I had responded.
Sorry for my inappropriate post :o