PDA

View Full Version : Error 1722 when launching an EXE from directory path

Steven Chin
11-20-2005, 01:36 PM
I have a Basic MSI project and am trying to launch an EXE from a directory path like I did to register my COM servers. I have defined my directories leading up to my executable in the directory table. So it should go from TARGETDIR to ProgramFilesFolder to MATHWORKS to ISMyProductDir to V73 to Toolbox to Matlab to Dotnetbuilder1 to Dotnetbuilder2 to set my working directory properly. When testing this in InstallShield I get a 1722 error and when installing this I doe not get the assembly copied to the GAC. Why am I getting this 1722 error?

I am attaching files of my custom action and directory editor view
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

srikapat
11-20-2005, 10:05 PM
i recommend u to verbosely loggin your installation. I think there must be a problem with one o fyour custom actions.

Srika

Christopher Painter
11-20-2005, 10:49 PM
1722 simply means that the EXE returned an errorlevel. The reason would specific to the EXE in question.

The better question would be why are you calling DOS Custom Actions to register COM and Assemblies. MSI has much better ways of accomplishing this.

Helgorian
12-07-2005, 05:21 AM
The better question would be why are you calling DOS Custom Actions to register COM and Assemblies. MSI has much better ways of accomplishing this.

<--- ...if they only were always working correctly, sigh.

Speaking of DirectShow filters (.ax extension) for instance, InstallShield's
component wizard is still missing support for COM extraction of .ax files.
And working around this by setting the component's "COM extract at build" option to YES I didn't found the filter registration to be as reliable as a
direct call to regsvr32.exe is (sometimes I saw the merit to be wrong, sometimes unregistration isn't clean,...).

If you know another MSI-option to accomplish this which I didn't find so far,
please let the community know. ;)