PDA

View Full Version : Creating a User to Local Admin Group

DMorisseau
11-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Here's my dilemma, I hope someone can help!

I've set up my Basic MSI project with the LogonInformation dialogs (including the LogonInfoCreateUser and associated dialogs). I need to make sure that when a user is added, that they become part of the local machine's Administrators group. I set the IS_NET_API_NEW_USER_SERVER property and IS_NET_API_NEW_USER_GROUP to [ComputerName] and Administrators, respectively, and disabled the text boxes and browse buttons to prevent the user from selecting something else.

Everything else seems to work fine until the user gets past the Ready To Install dialog. I get a error 1606: Could not access network location Administrators.

Process works ok if I enter an already existing user on the LogonInformation dialog who is already part of the local Administrators group

Target system is XP Pro SP1.

DMorisseau
11-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Some more information..I created a dummy project to install notepad and included the LogonInformation dialogs and did the same process and it works fine.

I reviewed my Directory table to make sure there weren't any strange looking entries, but it looks ok to me.

Before I spend $$$ on a support call, does anyone know what I should look for. I ran a verbose log and can't make heads or tails of it to see what could be wrong.

DMorisseau
12-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas what I can look for?