PDA

View Full Version : Automation interface problem

villanen
11-11-2005, 07:32 AM
Just installed Visual Studio .NET 2003 and created C# project. When I added a reference to StandAlone Automation interface (SAAuto11.dll), I get the following error message: "A reference to 'InstallShield 11 Standalone Automation Interface' could not be added. Converting the type library to a .NET assembly failed. Error loading type library/DLL.". What I'm doing wrong?

Everything works with VB6.0...

I don't have a full installation of IS11Pro installed, only the standalone build environment.

villanen
11-11-2005, 08:53 AM
It seems that IS11Pro needs to be installed also. After installing that everything start to work...

marc.gibian
11-22-2005, 02:59 PM
SURELY this is not the final resolution of your problem? I ask because I am right now in the process of converting an existing build tool that uses the InstallShield COM Automation to using the standalone build tool. This is because we have a small farm of build systems and don't have the budget to purchase a license for the full IDE just for build systems that run once or twice a day.

villanen
11-25-2005, 05:33 AM
In build environment you just need to copy the interop*.dlls along with the solution exe...

marc.gibian
11-28-2005, 01:02 PM
I am puzzled... I do not see any interop dlls in the InstallShield tree on my development system? Are you saying that the only way to use the COM Automation interface from the stand alone build tool is to build my build tool against the full InstallShield IDE and then copy my build tool's executables and any interop dlls for that project to my build systems? This would be most unfortunate since the build tool that uses the COM Automation interface is only built on our build systems, and we really want to install only the standalone build component of InstallShield on those systems. It is not currently possible to build and test this build tool on a developer system (don't ask... I didn't build this thing).