PDA

View Full Version : Remove InstallShield 11 Express for VS2003

GeoMEM
11-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi

I have removed InstallShield 11 from my system - but it still appears in the VS2003 start-up window.
I have tried to go back to version X but that does not appear in VS2003.

Anyone know
1) How I remove all vestiges of InstallShield 11
2) Return to my previous InstallShield X state?

I'm removing InstallShield 11 because:

1) It took ages to activate because of problems with Macromedias server and they weren't answering their activation request emails.

2) When I tried to use it after upgrading boot drives it demanded a new activation code. I couldn't get it because the web option no longer showed and I've tried emails but to no effect.

With activation processes like this it's no wonder people are turning to Open Source software.

Hopefully someone will know how to re-instate my working version X.

Perhaps someone from Macrovision will tell me how to activate version 11 now that I'm effectively locked out of it.

I posted some comments to the Scottish Developers (http://www.scottishdevelopers.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=727&forum=3900&post_id=2559#forumpost2559) site about this. Maybe of interest.

MichaelU
11-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties activating InstallShield Express 11. To reinstate Express 10, you should be able to run the previous Express installer in Repair mode. The Visual Studio parts are equivalent to manually calling regsvr32 for each of IsExpEdt.dll, IsExpPkg.dll, and IsExpWiz.dll (InstallShield Express System folder), and then running devenv /setup. If the 11 version has not gone away, you may wish to try unregistering the same named 11 DLLs and again running devenv /setup.