PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Jonny_B
11-09-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm trying to set a value through the registry. I would like to set the value of a checkbox by retrieving the value from a DWORD registry key. The key will either be 0 or 1 (no or yes), and I would like to take this value and load it into a checkbox accordingly. I know that I will need to make the value null instead of 0 in order to signify a no answer (I will handle this later). So far it is giving me error 2892 which says "[2] is an integer only control, [3] is not a valid integer value." with [2] being my checkbox and [3] being #1. Does anyone know how I can get around this problem?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Jonny_B
11-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Also, I thought I'd mention that the error actually shows "#1", and my value in the registry is 0x00000001 (1) which is a DWORD value of 1. Do I need to set my checkbox to 1 if I detect this value by adding a custom action ?

Christopher Painter
11-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Yes, if you look at the MSI SDK topic for RegLocator table you will see a table under the remarks section that explains certain prefixes the installer places in a property for different registry value types.

Jonny_B
11-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks a lot Chris, you always seem to come through at the time when I am at my breaking point ;)

Sunlight
04-25-2006, 01:28 AM
Yes, if you look at the MSI SDK topic for RegLocator table you will see a table under the remarks section that explains certain prefixes the installer places in a property for different registry value types.
I use IS 10.5 Premier, Basic MSI project. I have the same problem: write in Registry property's value corresponding checkbox and read this value from Registry in the same property using "System search". As a result get the same error 2892 with the same text. I read this topic, but understand what need to modify that will be right. Help me, plaese.
P.S. I didn't use InstallScript.