PDA

View Full Version : Quickpatch error -6415

calfcanuck
11-07-2005, 07:51 PM
I've been trying to do a Quickpatch for 3 days now (how is that "Quick"?) and have been getting this error -6415:

"There was an error creating the patch package. Writing contents of log file 'C:\My InstallShield 11 Projects\AG Quickpatch 1.1\Interm\PatchCreation.log' to output window."

I searched the community files, and there were a few references to the following:
1. "Create new "UpgradeImage" folder"" (set correctly)
2. limited HD space (no problem for me as I have 30 GB free)
3. missing dll files (I tried repairing the IS 11 installion )
4. Reinstalling the IS 11 program - here I unistalled, and due to a earlier upgrade problem for IS 11 I had to wipe and reformat my HD and do a clean install of XP.

So now with a clean WinXP system and a fresh (and updated) install of Installshield 11 Professional, I'm stillgetting the same errors. Is there something I am not doing right?

I open IS, create a new Quickpatch project, then chose the correct msi file. After settiong a new version number in General Info, I go to Files and drag down the files I want updated. I then link to the desired files in a different location (i.e. outside the Quickpatch folder).

But my log gives me the following error for these files:

"Files differ: 'location of original file inside Quickpatch project folder',
'location of desired file outside project folder'.
Patch file created: FTK=scriptcast.cct; temp location=Family00\00460.HDR.

Should I be updating the files INSIDE the Quickpatch folder? Any other ideas of what could be going wrong?

rsknowles
01-10-2006, 02:46 PM
I experienced the same error message and was able to resolve it. Here's the link. (http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?p=341131#post341131)