PDA

View Full Version : Any maintenance releases?

jasoncd
11-07-2005, 05:58 PM
From what I see, IS 11 has been out since May. That's what the download page says. However, no updates have been issued. I and others have listed several bugs and issues, and several I haven't bothered too. Should I bother? I've gotten no responses on the forum and some of the issues I've seen are years old. It looks like 11.5 will be the 'maintenance' release? It would literally take me hours to open official support tickets for everything. I am not on a maintenance plan, so it sounds like I'm not even allowed to submit tickets:

"We ask that all customers who have purchased our products have a maintenance plan prior to submitting a request."

MarcusM
11-09-2005, 07:39 AM
There have been Hotfixes, 4 so far, I believe.

jasoncd
11-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. However, where do I find these hotfixes? There's nothing on the download page, InstallShield's update doesn't find any, and searching for hotfix on macrovision's site yields 0 results. :(

MarcusM
11-10-2005, 03:41 AM
I've gotten them via "Program Updates", which is initially set to automatically check for updates, download and install them. Maybe you've already installed all hotfixes so it won't find any because it has every available fixes.
I've just looked a bit around in IS where to you can see which hotfixes have been installed (I know, I've installed all) but I can't find any entry.

MichaelHlavinka
11-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Don't count on anything getting fixed, however. I'm on maintenance and have old bugs that have not got fixed. These are bugs that I can point them to MSI documentation and show exactly where they are violating certain rules. Still no action is taken on the part of IS.