PDA

View Full Version : Using automated build ....

Jonny_B
11-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Hey,

I'm looking at using visual build to do automated builds for my installshield project. Everything looks fine, and I found a way to do the automated build procedure including incrementing/setting the version number (important for building). The only problem is that this segment of Installscript won't compile. I get an error

Error firing vbld_StepStarted event : Error in step (VBScript) script code at line 11, Column 1 (ActiveX component can't create object "ISWiAuto11.ISWiProject")

I am not sure what is causing this as I am not too familiar with VBScript. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

sks2004
11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Because the standalone interface is different. Reference: SAAuto11.ISWiProject instead.

Jonny_B
11-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks a lot ... probably would have never figured that out....why does all the documentation make no mention of this? (That I could find ... ;))

Christopher Painter
11-07-2005, 12:35 PM
It's in the Help for DevStudio9. Look up the index "Stand Alone Build" then click the link under "Using the Standalone Automation Interface"

On that page there are refences to the DLL that exposes the interface and the fact that the interface name is different.

Jonny_B
11-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Do I need to install anything else if I am using the Standalone builder? I installed just that, and using Visual Build it is saying that it cannot locate some DLL's?

Redondo
11-15-2005, 08:13 AM
For me, to have the Installshield 11 standalone build to work, I had to copy over the redist-folder of the full installshield 11 installation to the standalone folder.

Seems that there are missing some files to support all functionality. :confused: