PDA

View Full Version : Mobile device 'component' not installed on minor upgrade

FredvL
11-05-2005, 04:58 AM
This problem is very similar to the one described in http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=148806. I have an IS project that only consists of one Mobile Device component. The .cab file is automatically created by IS (which is nice) from a couple of DLL's and an executable.

Although not strictly necessary, I created an 'Upgrade' item so that I can verify the upgrade easily. The product version number has changed from 3.1.3 to 3.1.5. When I verify the installation, I get a message "Val0010 The data in component [1] differs from the previous setup. However, this component will not reinstall in an upgrade scenario. Therefore, the changes will not be applied to the target system during the upgrade. Table: [2] Record: [3]".

The online help tells me that this is because the keyfile hasn't changed. However, the problem is that there is no keyfile because the component is automatically built. Of course I can change the product ID and force a major upgrade by doing so, but that's not desired (for obvious reasons).

Is there a way to fix this?

FredvL
11-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Ok, I give up :confused: . Changing it to be a major upgrade 'fixes' the problem.