PDA

View Full Version : For All users Option

Paul_Slap
11-04-2005, 02:28 AM
I used installshield express to create an installer package for my program.
I have two versions of this one I did today and one a couple of months ago.

The one I did a couple of months ago installs my program to all users on the computer. ( Which used Installshield 3.5)

This does not happen on the version I did today.(Installshield 11 Express) It only installs to the user that is logged on and has adminstrator privileges. The dlls for any other user are not registered(extracting COM information rather than self registering)

Have tried comparing the msi files in Orca.exe and both files look identical

If the dialog box customer information option do you wish to install for all users or just current user is set to no then all users is used by default??

Is there an option or switch that I should be looking for in Installshield express that will enable me to install for all users?

Dsilva
11-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi,

You could enable the Customer Information dialog and select "install for all users" radio button on that dialog. If you don't want to use that dialog, add a property ALLUSERS in Property manager and set its value to 1. Note that users without admin right will then no longer be able to install the setup.

Also let me know the value you have set for the ALLUSERS property?

See: Article Q105063 in http://support.installshield.com/

Regards,
Dsilva

Paul_Slap
11-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Thankyou

Was able to access installshield using orca and added the value ALLUSERS property to 1 and it works. It builds fine but comes up with a warning telling me that ALLUSERS was not set in installshield.

Paul

markclabaugh
12-09-2005, 01:21 AM
I removed the dialog that allows users to Select Current User or All Users and Set AllUsers=1 and once installed the only person allowed to use the program was the person that acutally installed it, the Administrator.

I would advise adding the dialog - this was the advice from my paid support

Navarone
12-09-2005, 03:36 PM
I had a similar problem. If you right-click on the INSTALLDIR in the files view, you should see an Advanced option in the lower right corner, this lets you set permissions for the folder. I set mine to EVERYONE and checked off the appropriate boxes.

Tare69
05-24-2007, 02:39 AM
I had a similar problem. If you right-click on the INSTALLDIR in the files view, you should see an Advanced option in the lower right corner, this lets you set permissions for the folder. I set mine to EVERYONE and checked off the appropriate boxes.

I have this problem also but when I do this there is no "Advanced Optios".

- Tare69

Navarone
05-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Right click on the INSTALLDIR, click on Permissions. In here you can set permissions and on the right side there should be an advanced tab.

Tare69
05-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Right click on the INSTALLDIR, click on Permissions. In here you can set permissions and on the right side there should be an advanced tab.

Now I know what you mean but... There must be Domain and user. If user is EVERYONE but domain is empty, do it work then?

- Tare69

Navarone
05-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Yes, that will work. As you discovered in the Domain/User section type in Everyone for the User. Then that should allow you to set check marks in the check boxes for what ever you need and give you access to the Advance tab.

Tare69
05-25-2007, 01:53 AM
Yes, that will work. As you discovered in the Domain/User section type in Everyone for the User. Then that should allow you to set check marks in the check boxes for what ever you need and give you access to the Advance tab.

Okei. I will try this out. Thanks.

- Tare69