PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading an ISMSI as a restricted user

trevrobwhite
11-03-2005, 08:08 AM
I have an open support call with Macrovision regarding this but it has been bouncing back and forth now for nearly a month, I wanted to see if any of you guys can help.

I have an InstallScript MSI project that has been installed by an Administrator but I want a normal restricted user to be able to upgrade it, I have set up all the Windows installer privileges and a Basic MSI project can be installed initially as a normal user and can be upgraded, however so soon as I add a InstallScript function it errors. The InstallScript MSI project also errors and I think it is because it is not running with elevated permissions.

I have set ISALWAYSINSTALLELEVATED=1 with no avail. Macrovision is now suggesting I use a Basic MSI but then I have no access to the InstallScript stuff and currently I have 40 pages of InstallScript code wrapped into my ISMSI all of which cannot be put into a Basic MSI.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or is there anyone from Macrovision that can look at the log and offer more advice log number OA-000027419, I have attached the entire log.

Thanks everyone.