PDA

View Full Version : Custom Action During Uninstall

sockstabby
11-01-2005, 06:05 PM
I just started evaluation ISX 11 and Im having a couple problems.

Im not sure why this is, but my custom action does not execute when I run the uninstall from Add Remove Programs. But it will execute if I run the MSI file in Maintenance mode. I set the action to execute After Initialization ( before first dialog ).

Also no files that were installed get deleted, only the shortcut. This happens uninstalling both ways.

Please help!!!!

Thanks
Eric

TsungH
11-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Clicking on Remove button in ARP will evoke uninstallation silently (skip UI Sequence, i.e., InstallUISequence table in .msi file, including all dialogs). You may want to move your custom action to later (in Execute Sequence, i.e., InstallExecuteSequence table in .msi file). You may want to try to schedule it After Ready to remove dialog or After Setup Progress dialog (the terminology used in IDE). Depending on your custom action, you may have to understand the purpose of a deferred custom action. If needed, you should do a search on deferred at Support (http://support.installshield.com/).
Im not sure why this is, but my custom action does not execute when I run the uninstall from Add Remove Programs. But it will execute if I run the MSI file in Maintenance mode. I set the action to execute After Initialization ( before first dialog ).