PDA

View Full Version : Visual Studio 2005 problem

Jon Perkins
10-31-2005, 07:05 AM
The release version of Visual Studio 2005 is up on MSDN now so I have downloaded this and started paying with it. However, if I try to run Installshield 11 Express for Visual Studio 2005 I just get an error message which says "Command View.ShowWebBrowser is not valid".

I have tried reinstalling Installshield, with no joy. Is this due to something that has changed in this latest build of Visual Studio, or is it just a general problem that I can do something about? If it is a problem with the new VS, any word from Macrovision about when a fix will be released?

MichaelU
10-31-2005, 11:35 AM
I haven't yet heard of any issues against the RTM version of VS 2005, but it sounds like this is primarily an issue with a shortcut installed by Express. If you instead start VS 2005 through Microsoft's shortcut, can you then open an existing or create a new Express Project? If so, at least the bulk of the functionality is still present

If you haven't done so since installing the RTM, it's possible that a repair or uninstall+reinstall of Express would address the error you report.

Jon Perkins
11-01-2005, 04:56 AM
If I try to create a new installation project from within VS2005 then only the .NET Framework 1 or 1.1 is available, which implies to me that the VS2003 version of ISX is loading into the VS2005 environment. I have tried reinstalling ISX 11, with no improvement.

Steve Sharkey
03-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Has this been resolved because I am also getting this message since upgrading to VB.NET 2005. I also get errors if I go into VS2005 and create an Installshield Express project (if I change the directory of the Installation project away from the My Documents default).