PDA

View Full Version : Destination Folder and Creating a folder

fniles
10-28-2005, 12:11 PM
We created our application installation using InstallShield Express 11.
I have 2 questions.

1. When installing our application, the Destination folder is always "c:\Program files\MyApplication". We need to install our application in c:\MyApp, not c:\Program files\MyApplication. How can I create our application installation so that the Destination Folder default is c:\MyApp ?

2. If c:\MyApp does not exist, we need our installation to create that folder, how can I do that ?

Thank you very much.

TsungH
10-30-2005, 02:28 AM
A quick search on set INSTALLDIR at Support (http://support.installshield.com/) found several useful links.

vicky rawat
11-07-2005, 05:50 AM
Please try this.This will definetly help u out.

Step 1:Open new Express Project.
Step 2:Click on Files(left side Pane).U will find Destination Computer's folder pane in middle.Right click on Destination Computer-->Show Predefined folder-->select Windows Volume.
Step 3: Drag My Product Name[INSTALLDIR] from [ProgramFilesFolder] one level down to [WINDOWSVOLUME].
Step 4:Click on(left side Pane)General Information.U will get the property windows on Right Side.Change the Value of property
INSTALLDIR from [WINDOWSVOLUME]My product name to [WINDOWSVOLUME]MYApp(as per ur example.

After running the application u will find that ur problem is solved.U can implement this in any of ur appliaction. :)