PDA

View Full Version : ISSABLD: Cannot get it to build

Trevleyb
10-25-2005, 10:49 PM
I have created a .ini file (as follows) to build my project. However, it always fails saying that it cannot find the selected merge module. The process works fine on a machine with a full Installshield installation, but will not work on my build server with a Stand Alone build only installed.

I have copied all the merge modules to a C:\Tools\MergeModules folder and used this as the ONLY merge module path on both my development PC and my Build server. Builds on my development PC, doesn't build on my build server.

Has anyone any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Is there is a debug mode to show me what is happening. Nothing about merge modules seems to be logged to the normal log files created.

Hope someone can help,
regards,
Trevor

The .ini file to control the build is:

[Project]
Name="KPSelector.ism"
** BuildLabel=Label1 -a Product configuration.
** CompileScript=no -n Ensures that Setup.rul is not compiled as part of the build process.

[Release]
** BuildFlags=flags -f Release flags to be included in the setup, separated by commas.
Configuration=COMP
Name=KPSelector
SetupEXE=yes

[Mode]
Silent=no
StopOnFirstError=yes
CompileOnly=no
Verbose=yes
WarningAsError=yes
MergeModulePath="C:\Tools\Merge Modules"

** CubFile=Name
** BuildTablesRefreshFiles=no
** BuildTablesOnly=yes -q1 Builds only the MSI tables for your release.
** UpgradeOnly=no -u Allows you to upgradeùbut not buildùyour release.
** MSIVersion=2.0 -g Version of Windows Installer required on target system.
** DotNetVersion= -j Minimum version of Microsoft« .NET Framework required on the target system. This pa
aults to the latest version of the .NET Framework supported by the IDE.
** DotNetPath="C:\..." -t Path to the Microsoft« .NET Framework on the build machine.
** SkipValidators=yes -h Allows you to turn off the upgrade validators that normally run at the end of th
** MergeModulePath="C:\..." -o Merge module server path.

[BuildLocation]
Path="D:\BuildServer\Projects\Keystone\VBApps\KPSelector\Install\KPSelector"

The output generated is :

D:\BuildServer\Projects\Keystone\VBApps\KPSelector\Install>c:\Tools\InstallShield\IsSABld.exe -i KPSelector.ini
InstallShield (R)
Release Builder
Copyright 1997-2005 Macrovision Europe Ltd.
and/or Macrovision Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.

Build started at Oct 26 2005 04:28 PM
Building Release: KPSelector

Deleting file "D:\BuildServer\Projects\Keystone\VBApps\KPSelector\Install\KPSelector\Script Files\Setup.inx"
Launching application: "c:\Tools\InstallShield\Compile.exe" with command line: " "D:\BuildServer\Projects\Keystone\VBApps\KPSelect
or\Install\KPSelector\Script Files\Setup.Rul" -o"D:\BuildServer\Projects\Keystone\VBApps\KPSelector\Install\KPSelector\Script Files\
Setup.inx" "c:\Tools\InstallShield\Script\ISRT\Lib\ISUS.obl" "c:\Tools\InstallShield\Script\ifx\Lib\ifx.obl" "c:\Tools\InstallShield
\Script\ISRT\Lib\isrt.obl" -v3 -w50 -e50 -g -i"D:\BuildServer\Projects\Keystone\VBApps\KPSelector\Install\KPSelector\Script Files";"
c:\Tools\InstallShield\Script\IFX\Include";"c:\Tools\InstallShield\Script\ISRT\Include";"c:\Tools\InstallShield\Script\Include";"c:\
Tools\InstallShield\Script\SQLRuntime\Include";"c:\Tools\InstallShield\Script\IISRuntime\Include";"c:\Tools\InstallShield\Script\XML
Runtime\Include" "
InstallShield Script Compiler
Version 11.0.0.28844
Copyright 1997-2005 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
(null)
Compiling...
Setup.Rul
Linking...
Setup.inx - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Removing read-only attribute for file "D:\BuildServer\Projects\Keystone\VBApps\KPSelector\Install\KPSelector\String Tables\StringTab
le-0009-English.ips"
Deleting file "D:\BuildServer\Projects\Keystone\VBApps\KPSelector\Install\KPSelector\String Tables\StringTable-0009-English.ips"
Loading Object: Keystone Selector\Keystone Common Components ...
ISDEV : error 125: Unable to load InstallShield Object(s): Keystone Selector\Keystone Common Components
Unable to load InstallShield Object(s): Keystone Selector\Keystone Common Components
ISDEV : fatal error -5087: Stop at first error
Creating path "D:\BuildServer\Projects\Keystone\VBApps\KPSelector\Install\KPSelector\Log Files"
KPSelector - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Build finished at Oct 26 2005 04:28 PM

Jizzle2000
01-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Well I was looking for another problem, but stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd point you in the right direction since I had this same problem awhile back. This thread may help you out:

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=155107

Enjoy