PDA

View Full Version : Installer does not show license text in license dialog.

aardvarkD
10-20-2005, 03:41 PM
I am probably missing something extremely obvious.

I build an installer, telling it (via "Installation Designer->Customize the Setup Appearance->Dialogs->(check)License Agreement") to display the "license agreement" dialog. I browse the filesystem and choose the license agreement file (I DON'T just type the file name). The appropriate filename is shown in the "License File" field. I copy and paste the filename displayed in the "License File" field into Notepad's "Open" dialog, open the chosen file, and check to be absolutely sure it's the right license file, containing the expected text (it is). There is no doubt in my mind that I have chosen the correct, non-empty license file.

I run the installer. The license dialog displays, but there is no text in the license agreement area.

:confused: Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

FYI, OS of both the machine creating the install and the machine running the completed setup.exe, is Windows XP Pro with SP2 applied.

Thank you,

-- JK

aardvarkD
10-21-2005, 08:44 AM
I am probably missing something extremely obvious.

I build an installer, telling it (via "Installation Designer->Customize the Setup Appearance->Dialogs->(check)License Agreement") to display the "license agreement" dialog. I browse the filesystem and choose the license agreement file (I DON'T just type the file name). The appropriate filename is shown in the "License File" field. I copy and paste the filename displayed in the "License File" field into Notepad's "Open" dialog, open the chosen file, and check to be absolutely sure it's the right license file, containing the expected text (it is). There is no doubt in my mind that I have chosen the correct, non-empty license file.

I run the installer. The license dialog displays, but there is no text in the license agreement area.

:confused: Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

FYI, OS of both the machine creating the install and the machine running the completed setup.exe, is Windows XP Pro with SP2 applied.

Thank you,

-- JK

The problem was that although the license file I specified was NAMED "license.rtf", it was actually just a plain text file. RTF editors have no problem with that -- I opened the file in Word, did "Save as... Rich Text Format", and it didn't change the file at all. But for InstallShield to see the file properly, I actually had to compose it as RTF; that is, I had to start Word with a blank file, type in the license text, and then do "Save as... Rich Text Format".

-- JK

Dsilva
11-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Hi,

The Installer displays the License text in the License agreement if you specify the correct rtf file name in the License file Property of the License Agreement. The license file can be created in a Notepad or a word Document and should be saved as a Rich Text Format (rtf) type.

I believe that this will work correctly.

Regards,
Dsilva.