PDA

View Full Version : Evaluation on Win98

jsondocked
10-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Attempting to install Express 11 Evaluation on Windows 98 machine, however, receiving the following error message:

"The operating system is not adequate for running InstallShield 11 Express Edition."

I'm currently running an earlier version of Express on the same machine. Then tried to install on a Windows 2000 machine that does not have Express on it and the receive the error message "..error occurred downloading ...//MsiEngine20/instmsiw.exe.." I've seen the workaround this for error.

Is Window 98 the issue?

any help is appreciated.

MichaelU
10-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Windows 9X is no longer supported by InstallShield, but that shouldn't have any bearing on your subsequent install attempts on Windows 2000. I'm not sure why you're seeing an error downloading and instaling Windows Installer 2.0. You might download and install it separately from the evaluation install, and then try the Express install again.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4b6140f9-2d36-4977-8fa1-6f8a0f5dca8f&DisplayLang=en is the link to Microsoft's download, although you may also be able to find it elsewhere.

jsondocked
10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Hello Michael,

Thanks for the response. I will definitely give what you suggested a shot.