PDA

View Full Version : uninstall issues

Navarone
10-10-2005, 08:41 AM
First i can't seem to find anything about uninstalling a program from in the InstallShield Express help files, there appears to be alot of information on uninstalling a batch update. So here is my dilema, the folders that are installed to do not get removed during the uninstall. How can I specify or where do I specify the unistall information? :)

TsungH
10-10-2005, 12:43 PM
You may want to create and analyze the uninstallation log to determine why the folders are not getting removed upon uninstalation.

With Express Edition, you are not able to edit tables directly, you may have to resort to a custom action to remove orphaned files/folders.

Navarone
10-10-2005, 12:56 PM
thanks for the reply. If I create a custom action to remove 2 folders when is the best time to do that, After Setup Complete Success dialog? All I know is I have 2 folders that I need to have removed. Thanks again for your reply

TsungH
10-12-2005, 08:54 PM
That would be fine, if your installation is run in full UI. My understanding is, scheduling a custom action after Setup Complete Success Dialog actually ties the CA to a button in the dialog. When installation is run in silent mode, no dialog is shown, and the CA won't get fired. If it may be uninstalled silently, you will need to schedule your CA a little earlier, in Execute Sequence (I don't know the exact terminology used in Express).