PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Setup Types

dbriggs
10-06-2005, 10:40 AM
I have created a Windows CE Setup that contains three features and each feature contains a different Windows CE Object. One feature is nested inside another but the other two are both top level. There are a few common files between the two top-level Objects, and these are marked shared and are ref-counted.

I have defined three Setup Types, one that installs one Object, one that installs the nested two, and Custom. OK so far.

If I use Custom mode, I can select any valid combination and have the appropriate Object or Objects installed. Still OK.

If I select one of the other Types, everything is installed, even the Objects that should not be selected. Not OK.

I have the features de-/selected correctly in the Setup Types view, but this doesn't seem to be working.

If I step through the code with the debugger, the Features are de-/selected appropriately for the Setup Type.

If I check the uninstall log file, then the features that are not supposed to be installed are "Not Installed", but they are!

Has anybody come across this problem and even better found a solution?

Thanks for any suggestions,

David

dbriggs
10-11-2005, 08:02 AM
My workaround for the present is to disable the Setup Types dialog. I am calling FeatureSetupTypeSet to force Custom mode and then display the Installation Options dialog. This is working and doesn't look too odd.

David