PDA

View Full Version : how to install folder other than the install dir

Navarone
10-04-2005, 11:17 AM
How do I install a folder other than the install dir folder. Example I need to install the folder "MyPresentation" on C:\MyPresentation. :)

TsungH
10-04-2005, 02:47 PM
How do I install a folder other than the install dir folder.Do you mean during design time or installation time? You should provide additional information or rephrase your question in order for others to help.

yuhaian
10-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Assuming you mean installation time.

You can go to "Files" view, right click on destnation computer folders, and select one of predefined folder, or just add yours. drag and drop the files you want to put here from source computer.

Navarone
10-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have another question. I am looking at the General Information, INSTALLDIR tab. The value reads [ISMyProductDir]. When I install my product I need the program files to be installed in C:\Westfield. Is the INSTALLDIR correct? Or should I just type in C:\Westfield in place of ISMyProductDir?

The reason I ask is when I install on pc systems with one logical drive the program installs on the C drive in a folder called Westfield. However, on pc systems that have more than one logical drive, in this case there are 3 logical drives, InstallShield wants to install it on the 3rd logical drive.

The first drive C: is NTFS , the second drive D: is FAT32 and the third drive K: is NTSF. Does the drive format make any difference?

How can I make sure that the program is always installed on the C drive?

Thanks in advance

yuhaian
10-05-2005, 12:18 PM
How about a windows system has no C: drive? (Yes, You can setup a windows without C:!) You may want to use system drive not C:!

> How can I make sure that the program is always installed on the C drive?

Uncheck a checkbox so end-user cannot change installation directory should be OK.

Navarone
10-05-2005, 12:47 PM
System Drive...hmm. I'll check that out. Other than:
Uncheck a checkbox so end-user cannot change installation directory should be OK. is what I meant.

Thanks for the reply. :)