PDA

View Full Version : Web install closes browser!!

PaulHuff
09-15-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm trying to do a web installation and the informaion bar at the top of the browser pops up so that one must click it and approve the activeX control to install. No problem right? But the install package tries to close the browser before that can happen. I know to click no, but my customers won't necessarily know that and I want the install process to be intuitive. I haven't found any javascript in the generated html page that closes the window, is it embedded in the Cab file to do this? Help!

Paul Huff
paul@postnexusinc.com

PS. It does this twice, if you click no so that you can click the information bar to authorize the install....then it does it at the correct time after you ok ActiveX

svercek
09-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Paul, I have the same problem. I found the following line in the xxx_installing.htm file <body onLoad="window.close()"> . I commented the line out and I do not get the close message.

Of course, now the window never goes away. I am going to play with it for a while & see if I can get it to work better. Worst case I can pop a message at the end of the install instructing the user to close the window (I think).

I will keep you posted on results. If you find another way let me know.

Thanks
John