PDA

View Full Version : Registry conditions

OldGrim
09-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Anyone knows if it is possible to have a condition that check the registry for a "Folder" that does not contain a value?

For example I want a condition that checks if Adobe Reader is installed. The only way I have got it to work is to check if a registry key with a value exists, e.g. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\Installpath. The problem with this is that it only works for version 7.0. The user may have an older or newer version.

What I would like is to check if HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader exists, but since this contains no value it does not seem to work.

TsungH
09-17-2005, 02:21 AM
You will not be able to determine existence of a registry key/entry using System Search. Instead, you may have to rely on a custom action. For additional information, you will want to do a search on system search and reglocator in the forums.

OldGrim
09-19-2005, 05:24 AM
I have searched the forums and it seems like using Installscript is how to do it.

But since this is not available in the Express version is it impossible to locate an empty key?

TsungH
09-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Correct, Express Edition does not support InstallScript. Nonetheless, you can use custom action.