PDA

View Full Version : Problems with .NET Installer class

leonid_astakhov
09-07-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm using IS 11 Evaluation to create an installation. I need to call .NET Installer class inside my .NET assembly. It seems like everything is fine, I add the component and set the '.NET Installer' flag to 'Yes'.

When I debug thу custom action calling my Installer class it works fine with Install event. The class is created and appropriate method is called. But on the Commit phase of the installation I got the following error:

First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 in msiexec.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: CDLLWrapException @ 0x009bf070.

and the error message box after passing this exception to the program:

Caption: InstallShield DLL custom action

what can it mean?

PhilWilson
09-09-2005, 05:18 PM
I've seen something similar when a non-Installer class custom action gets treated as if itwas an Installer class custom action (and the other way around too). The only way I know to verify this is to look at the custom action in the actual CustomAction table and see if it's calling InstallUtilLib (probably in the Binary table). If it isn't, then it's forgotten it's an Installer class. That "InstallShield Dll" message makes me think it's generated a call to an InstallShield Dll instead of an Installer class via InstallUtilLib.

Installer classes aren't particularly useful. There's usually nothing at all that can't be done with standard Windows Installer actions or a C++ Dll.