PDA

View Full Version : ComponentOne Controls

sscsoft
09-07-2005, 02:31 AM
Hi, I upgraded to InstallShield 11 Express from version 3.51. I am having dramas getting the ComponentOne grid to work (I use version 7). I have read a number of entries in other areas of the forums which refer to the problems with getting the ComponentOne dbGrid to install properly using InstallShield. It used to work perfectly well in v3.51 by having the ocx file self install.

Now that I have upgraded to version 11 I expected that this whole issue would have been solved. The situation is actually worse. I cannot get the componentone controls to work at all, no matter what I do.

Has anyone out there got any ideas about I can get this to work as I am back using my old v3.51 and am thinking that I have wasted my money (I actually think InstallShield is a great product, except for this issue).

DMorisseau
11-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I feel your pain, I've been trying to get these stupid controls to work correctly myself. The bizarre thing is even if I manually register the ocxs and Dlls myself from a command prompt -- THEY DON"T WORK!!