PDA

View Full Version : what VBSscript functions are not available for a VBScript CA?

coffeendonut
08-31-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi,

I am getting the following error from the MSI log:
MSI (c) (A4:E4) [11:42:36:265]: Note: 1: 1720 2: rmvHashesFromMigratedProperties 3: -2146828283 4: Microsoft VBScript runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Right' 6: 187 7: 3

and here is the VBScript CA code in question:
PropertyToModifyValueLenMinus1 = Len(PropertyToModifyValue) - 1
ModifiedPropertyValue = Right(PropertyToModifyValue, PropertyToModifyValueLenMinus1)

Originally I was using Mid() but apparently it's not available (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/vsgrpNonFeatures.asp).

But for what I'm trying to do I can use Right() but it gives me an error, that upon investigation, appears to indicate Right() is not available either!

My question is, does anyone know where I can find out what functions ARE available and which are not for my VBScript CA?

coffeendonut
08-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi,

Just want to add what the problem was so if this post comes up in a search, that some poor fellow installshield developer will not have to suffer the same fate.

What was happening was that a negative value (-1) was being passed as the second parameter to Right(), and apparently the only logical thing to do for Right() is to just explode.