PDA

View Full Version : Merge Module search path in Standalone

dkhiggin
08-25-2005, 05:19 PM
I just upgraded from InstallShield X to InstallShield 11. Since my company will only give me one license, I have to build the setups on the build machine using InstallShield 11 Standalone.

How do you tell Standalone to use a Merge Module search path? Right now, all of my merge modules are being built in the directory containing ISSABld.exe. I have a specific path that I need for the modules to be copied to, like they are when I build inside the IDE.

Also, just a little rant: Why can't the executable to build on the Standalone machine at least have the same name as the executable in the full-blown product? Now I have to change all of my batch files so that if I run them on my workstation, they will use ISCmdBld.exe, but on the build machine, they will use ISSABld.exe!!!! :mad: How lame is that? Or am I missing something here?

RobertDickau
08-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Please see the InstallShield Help Library topic "Standalone Command Line Build"; you use the -o switch to specify the merge module paths.

MichaelU
08-25-2005, 05:24 PM
There is a command line option to specify merge module paths to the standalone builder. See http://helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield11helplib/StandAloneBuild_CmdLine.htm for the details.

As for how to handle the different names, you could do something like:

set BUILD=IsCmdBld
rem set BUILD=IsSaBld

%BUILD% -p myproj.ism and swap as necessary, or use %1 and pass the builder in as a command-line argument.

dkhiggin
08-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the help. I have the batch files working again.