PDA

View Full Version : where can i find this "Overwrite Dialog Box"...

koarl7018
08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
done..........

RobertDickau
08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Are you asking about the file-overwrite properties for a component, or a dialog box displayed to the end user, or something else?

Bobtcny
08-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Judging from your other post, you are looking for the dialog box of a component so that you can select how the files are going to be over written on the target system. You don't say what your project is, but in an InstallScript project, in the ViewList tree, select Components under the Organization node. In the component pane, select the component that has the files that you need to change the overwirte property. In the properties window double click on the Overwrite property that is listed and a dialog box will appear that will allow you to select Overwrite by Date only, and set how you want it to overwrite.

koarl7018
08-29-2005, 01:20 AM
@Bobtcny: Thats what i want. But i can't find the Overwrite property that is listed!?!?! Look at my pic. Where is it hiding?
i can only find "Never Overwrite ... yes/no"

i got an workaround with XCopyFile but a property in component pane would be better..

thx for reply

Bobtcny
08-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Your project is an MSI project. Unfortunately, I believe the dialog that you are looking for is only available in an InstallScript project. I am not familiar with IS MSI projects so I am afraid I cannot help you.

koarl7018
08-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Your project is an MSI project. Unfortunately, I believe the dialog that you are looking for is only available in an InstallScript project. I am not familiar with IS MSI projects so I am afraid I cannot help you.

i thought there are only "Installscript Projects" and "Basic MSI Projects" but there are "Installscript MSI Projects" too. thats so confusing. :confused:

u are correct! i am using "Installscript MSI Project" and i thought i am using "Installscript Project"... :o

thx Bobtcny for your help...

koarl7018
08-30-2005, 08:03 AM
i thought there are only "Installscript Projects" and "Basic MSI Projects" but there are "Installscript MSI Projects" too. thats so confusing. :confused:

in Installshield 8 there are only "Installscript Projects" and "Basic MSI Projects"!?!?

i converted from IS8 to IS11

is there a way to convert "Installscript MSI Projects" to "Installscript Projects" in IS11???

Reetus
11-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi,

Could you please let me know how you converted from IS 8 to IS 11 ?

Thanks

koarl7018
11-18-2005, 02:01 AM
just open the is8 project with is11. is11 will ask you to convert automatically.