PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding System Search

DMorisseau
08-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Has anyone tried to use the System Search to find a Folder Path by searching the drives? The entry screen doesn't appear to be functional - I put in the folder name I want to search for, Look In is already prefilled with search all the drives, the subfolder levels to search is set to 0, but I can't click on the Next button as it is dimmed !! The Help for this screen refers to a Details button that becomes enabled once you type in a folder name, but there is no such button!

I need to be able to use this to find a specific folder that my setup needs to write to outside of my directory structure (I have been told NOT to prompt the end-user for it)

I reported this to e-Service, but since I don't control the purse strings, I'm not about to spend $100 of my own money to find out its a bug (of course I find this after the eval period is over)!

MichaelU
08-24-2005, 04:28 PM
I've heard of a small bug in our wizard like this. You might be able to work around it by changing your search type, getting to the next pane, backing up and resetting the type to what you actually want.

DMorisseau
08-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Thanks, that did the trick. Has this been logged to be fixed? It's a pain to have to remember to do this workaround when I need to do this type of search.