PDA

View Full Version : It's Hotfix #4 causing the problems.

Leysend
08-22-2005, 05:38 AM
After Hotfix 4 install the Path Variables Pane remains empty.
At first I thought it was Hotfix 3 that was causing the problems, but I now noticed that in my "Downloaded programs update" folder that it's in fact Hotfix #4 (IS11HotFix4.EXE) which got installed.

So after the installation of this hotfix I have the problem that the 'Path Variables' Pane remains empty in my installscript projects. It's no longer possible to access the path variables.

Is there anyone who is suffering from the same symptoms ?

Brgds,

Dirk

esiemiat
08-22-2005, 08:56 AM
I have Hotfox #4 and can see the variable pane.

Leysend
09-06-2005, 12:08 PM
I have Hotfox #4 and can see the variable pane.

Hi Guys,

Guess what, I've found the reason for the problem in this thread and found it important to let you know what is the cause. It is in fact MS-Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 that is the culprit.

I'm using Installshield Professional version 11. I encountered a problem where all of a sudden, it was impossible to access the Path Variables Pane. When you went to the Path Variables pane, it was invisible. It was as a result impossible to change any of the path variables or add any.

At first I thought it had something to do with Hotfix #4 on my system, since I noticed it only after installing this hotfix. Today, I deinstalled and reinstalled installshield: no effect.

Than it dawned on me that I also recently installed MS-Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1; so I thought let's throw that off and guess what: The problems fixed now.

Brgds,

Dirk