PDA

View Full Version : Features / components / files questions

JMBeyer
08-19-2005, 03:40 PM
I've been working with IS 7 for some time and am new to IS 11. I'm struggling with a couple of issues right now. Can someone tell me how to indicate which feature a component is to be associated with? So far I can't figure this one out.

On a somewhat related note, when you are viewing the Files and Folders pane and add a file to a destination directory, how can you tell it which component you want the file associated with? I have discovered how to add files to components on the components pane, but if I can't do it from the Files and Folders pane, what exactly do I on that pane?

Thanks! In the meantime, I'll keep reading the help files and scratching my head.

bhagelin
08-19-2005, 04:35 PM
You can see which components are associated with which features by looking at the "Setup Design" view. In that view you can expand the features to see which components are included in those features. In that view you can also move components to other features by dragging and dropping them, ect.

In the "Files and Folders" view you should see both files and components and thier destination directories. You can drag and drop files and/or components into new components or folders.

From what I've found so far, the "Setup Design" view is the best view to create your components and the files associated with those components. Then in the Files and Folders view you can decide what folders you want those components to be installed to.